We’ve all seen some truly brilliant marketing tie-ins for television programming, like a gesture-based Harry Potter wand remote control, or a Walking Dead edition of Zombie Dice. But sometimes the connection is a little less conspicuous. (What the hell does Spider-Man have to do with the United States Postal Service, anyway?) With the tremendous upswing in the popularity of Doctor Who, it seems everyone wants a turn at milking the cash cow. But when is that line crossed?
This week, we have some fun with the strangest connections some merchants have made in order to capitalize on the Whovian market. Have a need for a TARDIS-shaped mini-fridge in the den? Why not? A Cyberman head tool box? Sure, give me that upgrade. Dalek bath scrub, perhaps? EXFOLIATE!! There is seemingly no limit to the crazy program-to-product connections, and we highlight some of the most peculiar — and perverse — in our own odd way. (Yes, there’s a little “explicit” content here, so send the kids off for a fish fingers and custard snack.)
- Doctor Who Legos will be produced
- The Dorkiest Showrunner Debate You Thought You’d Never Read
- Eccleston Takes on the Doctor’s Title One More Time, And Wins Our Gallifreyan Hearts
- If you can tear yourself away from Doctor Who: Legacy…
- Amazon Prime losing Doctor Who
- The Boys and Girls from Kasterborous Get a Tip On a Possible S9 Villain’s Return
- S9 On-Set Photo Postulation: Is That Shadow Who We Think It Is?