Each actor to take up the mantle of the Doctor has certainly added his own flare to the character. Be it the humor of Tom Baker, the bravado of Colin Baker, or the emotional hair of David Tennant, each infused the titular role with his own unique personality. But what happens when the actor has watched each Doctor (or in one case, shared the screen with him), and is asked to craft his own persona?
This week, we scrutinize the appearance and behavior of Capaldi’s Doctor, in an attempt to identify which parts are uniquely the actor’s craft, and which are drawn from his perception of the Doctor as a lifelong fan of the programme. Call it a character dissection, if you will. It’s bound get messy in here kids, so time to don the aprons…
- Florida Couple Asked to Remove Their TARDIS by Homeowners Association
- Does this Doctor Who Calendar Have a Hidden Meaning?
- Viewers Like to Time Travel with the Doctor
- That’s SIR War Doctor to You
- Netflix Losing Doctor Who?
- More Evidence That ‘The Mirror’ is the Worst Thing to Happen to Journalism Since the Development of “X Reasons Why…” Lists
- Opinions Galore on Peter Capaldi’s Doctor