Puns and Needles
With seemingly no end to the horrid cactus jokes, we poke at the second story of Season 18 and try to find its refreshing core. There’s some rationale to the lack of proper content length (the episodes offer as little as 16-18 minutes of new scenes) given the disappointing script, but Baker’s ability to play the villain is enjoyable, and it’s lovely to see Jacqueline Hill on the program again. We wanted more from the story overall, but wonder if Terrance Dicks’ novelization managed to round off some of the corners. Dare say it was a…dry spell…for the season? 🌵
EXTRA: We record our 400th episode next week! Send us your Whovian thoughts — keep it positive! — via email, comment, or voicemail (754-CALL-GPR) over the next few days and have them included in the podcast!
- The War Doctor returns to Big Finish, without John Hurt (Audio sample on Facebook)
- Billie Piper guests on the latest David Tennant podcast
- New Doctor Who:Edge of Reality console game features Doctors Ten and Thirteen
- Additional handheld game release Doctor Who: The Lonely Assassins stars Osgood
- Fans prepare for a Halloween global rewatch and tweetalong of ‘Blink’