Exactly 30 years ago, the world was introduced to the McFly family, and the amazing (albeit scattered) mind of Doctor Emmett Brown. From that day forward, the notion of time travel in the American mind would never be the same. But after three decades and as many films in the franchise, how does the story line up with the way we theorize about theoretical time travel today?
This week, we discuss the Back to the Future trilogy and the way it portrays both the mechanisms and ramifications of time travel. Being good Whovians, we also dive into how the films’ treatment of these concepts compares to the same within the world of Doctor Who as we know it.
- Glowing Reviews for Paul Cornell’s Four Doctors, Now Available from TItan Comics
- Samuel Anderson Has a Pitch for Pink’s Return
- The Sixth Doctor – The Last Adventure, Now Available from Big Finish
- The Doctor’s Daughter Back on the Set?
- Tom Baker to Voice Character in a Star Wars Production
- What IS the Doctor Who: Mission Dalek Trailer Trying to Say? (Update: for our UK listeners!)
- A Return to Eddie’s American Diner (Last Astronaut) for…Clara?